On March 24, Governor Beshear released a new order that “All non life-sustaining businesses to close in-person traffic.” This action takes effect by 8 pm on Thursday, March 26.
The following is a list of businesses that will remain OPEN but still must adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines:
- Banks/Financial Services
- Drug Stores and Pharmacies
- “Essential” retail
- All businesses under Federal Critical Infrastructure sector
- Food/beverage (only delivery, takeout, and curbside)
- Gas stations
- Groceries (some stores have adjusted hours including Lexington Kroger locations)
- Home based care and services
- Housing, Building, and Construction
- Laundry Services
- Mail post shipping, delivery, and pickup
- Manufacturers, Distribution, and Supply Chains to life sustaining goods, and critical projects and industries
- Professional Services (Lawyers, Accountants, Real Estate, etc.)
The Governor previously ordered “all public-facing businesses that encourage congregation and meeting in public places” to close. This list includes area churches, movie theaters, concert venues, sporting event facilities, nail and hair salons, gyms and exercise facilities, and “non-essential” retailers.
For more Lexington, KY, Hamburg area news, subscribe to the Hamburg Journal digital newsletter.
To advertise in Hamburg Journal, call 859.268.0945