Grants Available. Apply now.
Economic Development Grant applications now open. The LFUCG Economic Development Grant application process is beginning for a 2-year funding cycle. Grant guidelines and a link to the grant application is now posted on Lexington’s Economic Development website: www.lexingtonky.gov/workforcedevelopment.
Completed applications must be received by 4 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. All documents must be submitted electronically. Questions related to the grant guidelines and application process can be found on the city website at www.lexingtonky.gov/workforcedevelopment, or can be directed to Elodie Dickinson, Director of Business & Workforce Engagement, Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government, (859) 258-3026, email@example.com.
Electronics, including holiday lights, should never go in recycling carts or recycling dumpsters. They cause damage to equipment at the Recycle Center and put employees at risk.
Collection bins will be at the following locations through Sunday, Jan. 16, 2022:
- A Cup of Common Wealth – 105 Eastern Ave.
- Cabela’s – 1510 Conservation Way
- Chocolate Holler – 400 Old Vine St.
- Crank & Boom – 1210 Manchester St. and 3101 Clays Mill Road #301
- Good Foods Co-op – 455 Southland Dr.
- Government Center – 200 E. Main St.
- Johns Run/Walk – 317 S. Ashland Ave. and 3735 Palomar Centre Dr.
- Lexington Senior Center – 195 Life Lane
- Most Valuable Pets – 921 Beaumont Centre Pkwy #100
- Pet Supplies Plus – 4101 Tates Creek Center Drive
- Pivot Brewing – 1400 Delaware Avenue
- West Sixth Brewery – 501 W Sixth St.
- Wild Birds Unlimited – 152 N Locust Hill Dr.
Lights can also be taken directly to the Electronics Recycling Center, located at 1306 Versailles Road. Visit lexingtonky.gov/eWaste for hours of operation. This facility operates six-days a week, year-round.
Chamber held a holiday biz link at Rupp Arena’s new VIP club.
Advance Your Career
Empower. Excel. Elevate. is a 6-course program, presented by Women Leading Kentucky and ExecuTrain, to help women rise to the next level in their careers.
The program is intended for professional women in any industry that wish to take on a leadership role, network with other professionals, advance their careers, and build competencies to apply and make an impact on their own teams and organizations.
This is a virtual program, from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm on the following dates:
- January 26, 2022 – Communicating with Confidence – You’re in the Spotlight
- February 10, 2022 – Perfectionism
- February 24, 2022 – Leading Teams with Excellence
- March 10, 2022 – Women in Leadership Part 1 – Barriers and Benefits
- March 23, 2022 – Women in Leadership Part 2 – Developing Your Leadership Style
- April 7, 2022 – Mentoring in Today’s World
JAN 11: Commerce Lexington @330 Series, virtual
JAN 11: Vitale Buford will address the January chapter meeting of Bluegrass SHRM
This article also appears on page 4 and 5 of the January 2022 print edition of Hamburg Journal.
For more Lexington, KY, Hamburg area news, subscribe to the Hamburg Journal digital newsletter.
To advertise in Hamburg Journal, call 859.268.0945