BIA’s annual Grand Tour of Homes will showcase the work of many of Lexington’s finest builders. This annual July treasure is a self-guided tour where you can visit as many or as few homes and neighborhoods as you like! Builders or representatives will be on site to answer any questions you may have. Tour dates are July 17 through July 19, and July 24 through July 26. Friday tour hours are from 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturdays and Sundays are from noon to 5 pm. Tour of Remodeled Homes is BIA’s annual tour held in August to view the workmanship of professional remodelers. Homeowners throughout Lexington, Kentucky will open their doors to showcase their professionally remodeled homes, including whole-house remodels, the latest in bathroom design, kitchen transformations, outdoor living and more! The Remodeler for each project will be present at each home to answer your questions. The Tour of Remodeled Homes is from noon to 5 pm on Saturday, August 23 and Sunday, August 24.
Each year, the LFUCG Environmental Commission recognizes individuals, organizations, and businesses that have significantly contributed to the improvement of the local environment in an effective or unique way over the past two years. Any project started or substantially completed in 2018, 2019, or to date in 2020 is eligible to be considered for the 50th Environmental awards. Submissions must be sent in by August 31, 2020 to LFUCG Environment Commission.
Free Trash Disposal Day
The City of Lexington offers Fayette County residents a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste on Saturday July 11 from 6 am to 1 pm at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike. Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truck load of household waste. Bulky items, such as mattresses, furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
• Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
• All loads must be fit in a standard truck bed
• All loads must be covered by a tarp
• Only household waste will be accepted
• No more than four tires will be accepted, and tires must be off the rim
• No tire rims will be accepted
• No commercial vehicles allowed
• No hazardous materials, free-flowing liquids or yard waste material will be accepted
Shop ReStore Online
Lexington Habitat ReStore is now offering online shopping at www.lexhabitat.org/shop. Purchases are available for no-contact, curbside pickup only.
How It Works:
• Habitat will be in touch within 48 hours of purchase to schedule pickup from the Southland Drive location. Staff are only able to respond to inquiries and schedule pickup Mon-Fri between 9 am – 4 pm.
• Loading assistance will not be provided. Please bring appropriate help and tools to safely and securely load items into your vehicle.
• All online sales are final. There will be no refunds or returns during this time.
• Online payment options are Paypal or a valid credit card.
The Southland Drive ReStore is tentatively scheduled to reopen for in-store shopping on July 1. The Winchester Road ReStore will remain temporarily closed to the public.
This article also appears on page 30 of the Summer 2020 print edition of Hamburg Journal.
For more Lexington, KY, Hamburg area news, subscribe to the Hamburg Journal digital newsletter.
To advertise in Hamburg Journal, call 859.268.0945