Take Out the Trash
Free Trash Disposal Day — originally scheduled for January 8 — was postponed due to bad weather. Drop off a level pickup load of bagged household waste and up to four tires off the rim. Future dates are April 9, July 9, October 8.
The City of Lexington offers Fayette County residents a free trash disposal day for non-hazardous household waste. The event will be 6 am to 1 pm, February 5, at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station, 1505 Old Frankfort Pike.
Fayette County residents may dispose of up to one pickup truck load of household waste. Bulky items, such as mattresses, furniture, and up to four tires off the rim, will be accepted at this event.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
• Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license
• All loads must be fit in a standard truck bed
• All loads must be covered by a tarp
• Only household waste will be accepted
• No more than four tires will be accepted, and tires must be off the rim
• No tire rims will be accepted
• No commercial vehicles allowed
• No hazardous materials, free-flowing liquids or yard waste material will be accepted
Happy Presidents’ Day
Neighbors are reminded that all LFUCG offices are closed in observance of Presidents’ Day on Monday February 21 2022.
There is no trash pickup on President’s Day
Sleeping with the Fishes
Jacobson Park is now home to many of our neighbors’ responsibly recycled Christmas tree. In January, Lexingtonians were encouraged to drop off their natural Christmas tree at Jacobson Park’s paddleboat dock parking. The trees were submerged in public waters, making great refuge and feeding habitats for game fishes.
This article also appears on pages 20-21 of the February 2022 print edition of Hamburg Journal.
For more Lexington, KY, Hamburg area news, subscribe to the Hamburg Journal digital newsletter.
To advertise in Hamburg Journal, call 859.268.0945