From Hamburg to Hollywood
HJ’s cover family from the February 2021 issue, recently shared an update with us for the HJ readers. The trailer for the movie Grant Stevens is in (Little Town) was recently released:
Grant also appears in a show currently airing on Netflix, called Making Fun. He is in episode 1 and appears in the first 4 minutes.
There are talks to bring a premier to Lexington of Little Town in October or November, so stay tuned!
New Leaders in FCPS Announced
As we begin the countdown to the first day of school on Wednesday, August 10, 2022, Fayette County Public Schools is excited to congratulate and welcome the newest leaders at schools and special programs around the district.
“School leadership is a difference maker, and that importance is amplified as we implement the ‘New Way Forward,’ outlined in our strategic plan,” said Fayette County Public Schools Superintendent Demetrus Liggins. “We have high expectations for the newest members of our leadership team, including educators from school districts throughout the state and nation, as well as rising stars from within our ranks who are moving into new positions as part of their leadership journey.”
New leaders include:
- Lamar Allen, acting program Director at Carter G. Woodson Preparatory Academy
- Marlon Ball, principal at Paul Laurence Dunbar High School
- Tiffany Cook, principal at Picadome Elementary
- Nekesha Cozart, acting program director at Carter G. Woodson Academy
- Kevin Faris, program director at The Stables
- Chris Flores, program director at STEAM Academy
- Michelle Grant, principal at Coventry Oak Elementary
- Bryne Jacobs, principal at Lexington Traditional Magnet School
- Jodi Johnson, principal at The Academy for Leadership at Millcreek Elementary
- Bryan Kennedy, acting program director at The Learning Center
- Liz Kirk, principal at Yates Elementary
- Anthony Orr, principal at Lafayette High School
- Matthew Spottswood, principal at Maxwell Elementary
- Tyson Steelman, principal at Athens-Chilesburg Elementary
- Cassaundra Watkins, principal at The Promise Academy at Harrison Elementary
“We are excited to put the darkest days of the past two years behind us with a renewed energy and commitment to providing every student with exciting, challenging, and well-rounded educational opportunities in a safe, caring, and supportive environment’” Liggins said. “Each of these new leaders will play a critical role in removing barriers and accelerating student success.”
Former UK Football Player Josh Ali Visits Kentucky Children’s Hospital
Josh Ali, former UK Football wide receiver, visited patients of Kentucky Children’s Hospital to deliver copies of his book “Fishing is Fun For Everyone.” The book is the first in a series called “Little Josh’s Big Adventures”.
SUN AUG 7
Students of all ages are invited to bring their backpacks to the 10am Eucharist to have them blessed at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd.
TUE AUG 9
The next Kids’ Night Out at the Ballpark is Tue Aug 9, with free entry and free hot dogs. First pitch is 6:35.
WED AUG 10
First day of school!
Lil Lambs Closet consignment sale begins Thursday and continues through the weekend at Centenary United Methodist Church on Tates Creek.